Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY

Jerusalem with Rachel, Rosie, Jenette, Alyssa, and Tamara.
Yes, yes, I have not written for quite a few weeks now, and I swore to myself I would not let my blogging subside. Here's the thing, nothing new is going on in my Israel life. The weather sucks - its rainy and cold everyday all the time. School is always eventful, but nothing to write home about. And that's about that. 

Right now I am at my half way point. I return home to the states in almost exactly five months, but I'd rather not count. I am shocked that my first half has already came and went. I really feel comfortable here, but like I still have so much to do an explore. Now I have my sister and brother-in-law's visit to look forward to and I can once again be a tourist. 

Here are some things I am loving about Israel (cough, cough):

1. It is extremely rare to find someone who picks up their dog's poop from the sidewalk. Countless times have I had close calls into stepping into one of those mud pies. Just pick it up already!
2. The sizes in the stores are 1, 2, 3. Has the seamstress seen my booty? Not a satisfied customer!
"Do you love Israel? Come back for 10 more months!"


3. The city near by is 10 minutes away, but because Israel is the size of New Jersey, 10 minutes is just tooooo far. Lame excuse! 
4. I am also only am purchasing one item, so NO you may not cut in front of me for this reason. 

I love Israel, do not get me wrong. These are just some funny quirks I find on continuous occasions. I do have to say last all in one week I was given a free toaster, a free bicycle, and at a crosswalk a woman covered me with her umbrella during the rain. The little things and big hearts you find in this country supersede any of the other hoop-lah that may be frustrating. 

I hope you are finding special moments wherever you are living too.

L'hitraot!
xo

The Kotel - Both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment