Friday, May 3, 2013

thank god it's friday, right?

Just a couple minutes ago I was going to send out a snapchat to my friends with a tagline - something along the lines of, "YAY FOR FRIDAYYYY!" For whatever reason I waited and thought I would do it later. Then I proceeded to Instagram (a very social-media kind of morning) where the first post was a quote:

People wait 
all week for Friday,
all year for Summer,
all life for happiness.

Truer words were never written. 

I know I am not the only guilty soul of this. I see it all the time. Girlfriends of mine and myself spend a lot of our time planning, then counting down, then doing it, then documenting it, then planning again. Looking forward to something is the best way to get through the week, but hey, what about the week itself?

Yesterday was Thursday, which means Redondo Beach Farmer's Market. I took the baby I watch down there for a little stroll and some play time and honestly, we both came home so happy! It was so beautiful outside. I got a delicious iced coffee from a cart who's business shared my first name. Zachary tried his first cherry (pit removed). I sampled Jalapeno Popcorn (no description necessary, except for YUM). All followed by a wonderful play session at the park. Simple, joyful, and overall a great day. Friday is not always where its at, people.

Take advantage of your Mondays and Tuesdays. Take advantage of your Winter and Fall. Take advantage of all of your days. Not each one needs to be grand, including jet-setting and sipping champagne. Sometimes the simplest days, rain or shine, can be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment